Rare original Bruny shack, stylishly-renovated, perfect position - a few steps to the beach
Situated above the Channel in its own uniquely sheltered and protected micro-climate, this original-style Dennes Point shack has been cleverly renovated recently to create a bright, contemporary ambience, while retaining the charm and simplicity of the classic Bruny beachfront shack. This property is the perfect place to create treasured memories, with scope to make it your own.
Just a few steps away from Nebraska Beach the location is ideal, at the end of a quiet no-through road that is safe for children and pets. This large and level block of land has stunning, uninterrupted views to Tinderbox and beyond. Mature casuarinas and native cherries shelter a private lookout point, with spectacular sunsets over the D'entrecasteaux Channel. These views can never be built-out.
Access to the beach is via a short walkway from the end of the property and across Nebraska Road. Within an easy stroll is the boat ramp, Dennes Point jetty and the Jetty Caf and art gallery.
This is a surprisingly large house, with the following features:
• Spacious open-plan living/dining area with its own corner bar. The open fireplace has a new Jetmaster Universal insert and screen to keep the warmth inside in winter. This area opens out through new glass sliding doors to a huge two-level deck to create a massive space for outdoor entertaining.
• There are four bedrooms off the living area. The main bedroom has a king bed, one small bedroom has a single, one room has a double bed and the other large room has a queen and a double bed. There's also an outdoor sleepout containing two sets of double bunks, further extending the accommodation options.
• Underfoot throughout the house is newly-laid timber-laminate flooring. The kitchen features ample cupboards in traditional shack style. Then it's one step down to the bathroom, laundry and separate toilet.
• The exterior cladding is cement sheet, which has been recently painted. The interior has also been repainted and is fresh and bright throughout.
• Two very practical features are the alcynite-covered entry porches, front and rear. These allow space to keep sandy footwear, jackets and sunhats outside the main living space. The rear porch gives access to the living area. The front porch space includes a workshop area with shadowboard for tools and plenty of storage space for wetsuits and life jackets.
• To the side of the house is a garden shed, tool shed and firewood store. Off the workshop at the front of the house is another outdoor area with paving, table, chairs and BBQ.
• There is abundant rainwater storage, with two new 10,000 litre plastic tanks plus a 5000 litre galvanised tank.
Dennes Point properties so close to the water and beach do not often come on the market and when they do, they attract keen interest. This one is a gem, a classic example of its type call Jude to arrange an inspection soon.
Read more +