Handsome heritage - minimal & serene
Minimal and serene, this inner city haven is well appointed with superbly detailed finishes to create an air of understated comfort and luxury. A total renovation and bold refresh of the handsome heritage home provides natural light, access and views to the wonderful outdoor spaces. Creating a contemporary ambience without compromising its mid Victorian features was a delicate balance. The result is a home bathed in light with a seamless flow from indoors to out. The beautifully designed and landscaped garden and courtyard create calming and tranquil outlook from every window. Built in 1890, the elegant façade has finials set under the eaves and bullnose verandah with the original detailed fretwork and iron lacework. The classic architectural style provides the central arched hallway and elegant rooms with wonderfully high ceilings with elaborate mouldings and high windows. The comprehensive renovation included a thorough structural upgrade and new roofing, spouting, ceiling insulation, re-wiring, re-plumbing, new kitchen, two new bathrooms with underfloor heating, new heaters and overall upgrade of every room. The garden has been beautifully designed and planted to complement the period home and includes lime stone pavers and water reticulation system controlled by phone app. The kitchen is highly functional with integrated Miele refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher, Miele gas cook top (mains gas) and electric oven. Striking features of the kitchen are the fabulous light-well, light fittings and glass tile splashback with linen look. The bathroom/laundry and en suite are stunning in design with large tiled heated floors, stylish fittings and highly detailed finishes.
The sale of this property marks a rare opportunity to purchase a stunning and completely renovated 1890 home to last another century.
• House 149.0m2 Land 392.0m2
• Rates approx. $2,200 per annum; NBN connected
• Off-street parking; Private enclosed courtyard & garden shed
• Complete renovation: new roof, rewired, re-plumbed
• Heating: mains gas heater, electric heater, 2 x wall-panel heaters
• Three bedrooms or third bedroom/study or second living room
• Two bathrooms: main bedroom with en suite, bathroom with laundry/storage
• Living room with French doors to courtyard and glorious morning light Adjoining kitchen dining with light well
• Kitchen Miele appliances including integrated appliances
• Beautifully designed & landscaped garden
• Fabulous location: just minutes walk to North Hobart precinct and State Cinema, 10-minute walk to Hobart's CBD
*The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.
Read more +