Spectacular Launceston Gorge Estate - Duck Reach
Perched on the hilltop and towering cliffs of the deep riverine gorge of Launceston's South Esk River, this spectacular property offers over seven acres on four titles and two Victorian Italianate buildings. Dramatically demonstrating the age of the area and formed by nature is a monumental, ancient stone image of Buddha; imposingly situated on the cliffs bordering the property and overlooking the gorge below.
The sale of the unique Duck Reach Estate is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a property unequaled in the country.
7.35 acres on 4 titles
7 minutes from Launceston's CBD
2 Buildings of historic significance
Victorian Italianate bluestone residences
Magnificent Gorge site; wildlife sanctuary
In close proximity to Launceston's central business district, approximately seven minutes by car, the landholding is a natural sanctuary for native animals and birdlife, including the Peregrine Falcon nesting in the cliffs and rich variety of birdlife from fairy wrens to night owls. Established in the mid 1890s, the buildings are of bluestone quarried on site, an advantage for any future development. The exclusive enclave set amid crown land reserves, is well served by walking tracks and scenic lookouts, maintained by the council for enjoyment of the stunning environs. The First Basin track will take you to the city and the Duck Reach track will take you over the suspension bridge to the Duck Reach Museum and Trevallyn Nature Recreation Area. The residences were built for the manager and chief engineer of the power station. Duck Reach, named for the wild ducks that congregated there, was established as the site for the first power scheme in Australasia in the 1890s. Launceston, the first city in Australia to have public generated hydro electricity, was famous for the illumination of the whole city at that time.
• 4 Corin Street residence: bluestone and brick, completely renovated; new roof, rewired; replaced supports and new floor; elegantly refurbished; accommodation consisting of living room, kitchen dining room and cold store, two bedrooms and contemporary bathroom
• 2 Corin Street residence of bluestone and brick; in need of a rebuild the structure in good repair; the original Duck Reach Power Station Managers home and offers a "grand designs" opportunity.
• Access road on separate title
• Four titles with total land area of 7.38 acres (2.988 hectares)
• 22214.7m2 approx.
• 2559.6m2 approx.
• 4153.1m2 approx.
• 953.5m2 approx.
• Total approximately 29,880.9m2 /2.988ha/7.38 Acres
• Land zoned environmental living; tourism/visitor accommodation discretionary subject to council approval
*The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.
Read more +